READ THE BIBLE WITH US
Absolutely nothing is more impactful for your Spiritual life than reading the Bible. Reading your Bible regularly is the best way to know and enjoy God. Many of us at DCC are reading through the Bible this year using a Bible Reading Plan.
- The F260 Plan reads (on average) two chapters a day, five days a week. You won’t read the entire Bible, but you will read most of it.
- The shorter Mcheyne Plan reads three chapters a day, 365 days a year, and you’ll read the whole Bible through in a year.
- The longer Mcheyne plan reads four chapters a day, 365 days a year, and you’ll read the entire Bible once and the New Testament and the Psalms twice each year.
Print out the documents above, double-sided, and you have a booklet to guide your reading.
You can find dozens of different reading plans online and through Bible apps like YouVersion. Whatever plan you use, the most important thing is that you use it! So join us this year in making God’s word a part of each day. You’ll never regret it.
PRAY WITH US
Martin Luther said, “To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.” But sadly, it’s easy to live most of our Christian lives without speaking or listening to God. Prayer is hard! Here’s some of the prayer exercises that we use at DCC to help us to pray together on Sunday mornings.
- The Daily Examen is a prayer exercise from St. Ignatius of Loyola. He taught his monks to do this short exercise twice each day to re-orient them towards Christ.
- ACTS is the classic prayer exercise which uses the acronym “A.C.T.S.” to remind us that prayer is more, but not less, than asking God for things – Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication.
- The Hexagon takes us through the Lord’s Prayer to help us focus on God and our need for him.
Print out the documents above, cut them in half, and put copies in places to remind you to stop and consult with God during your day. You’ll be glad that you did.